Monday, August 12, 2013

Interview of Nepali Metal Band X-MANTRA'S Guitarist SANDEEP TULADHAR..



Bibek: - When and how you started playing guitar?
Sandeep: - I started playing guitar in 2004 when I was grade 10. At that I used to listen to rock bands n all and always wished to be a musician. I was vocalist actually at that time...
We had band in school, n my friend, Rohan who was guitarist in my band, helped me to start learning guitar...


Bibek: - Beside music what do you work for?
Sandeep: - I work in Grand bank, in International trade department and I am also doing my MBA in ACE institute of management…
 
Bibek: - Are you supported by your family and friends as a metal head and a musician?
Sandeep: - Yes, for what I will be now supported for.. I am very much supported as a musician by my friends and family.





 Bibek: - There are many lovers of X-Mantra in Nepal; I would love to know which X-Mantra’s Guitarist best Nepali band is.
Sandeep: - For me Nepali best band is Kutumba they drive me go crazy be their true Nepali Typical music.. I just love the way they bring a different felling inside a people by their typical Music.






Bibek: - Which musician or band inspired you to be a guitarist?
Sandeep: - Joe Satriani, Stevevai, Paul Gilbert as guitarist...
And there are many bands to whom I fell in love with haha but I love to take few name like Slipknot, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom and the so on...


Bibek: - As a musician did you see metal and rock band has there future here in Nepal?
Sandeep: - Currently, every musicians are struggling here in Nepal. But it’s in the phase of improvement, Music scenario and its scope is growing slowly... And we r very close to the future, when musicians in Nepal will have a proper place here... Where a band should not be undergrounded and should not play gigs for free... Where the talent of a musician is cheered up by every people…



 Bibek: - How you fell when sound system are blamed by bands, viewers and even the organiser for bad sound though they have given their best?
Sandeep: - It’s not a sound system to be blamed; Bands should have proper knowledge on using the resources that are provided, as best as they could... Band should be flexible enough to adapt to any situations that might arise, in Nepal's sound systems...
But Sound system should also give their best
Both teams play a vital role in successful output

 


Bibek: - Which company guitar do you play?
Sandeep: - Currently I am using Ibanez rather I would say I always use Ibanez...haha



 
Bibek: - When you start playing is there’s good technology which make you a bit easier to learn playing guitar. Like YouTube, Guitar pro and all stuff which is used while you are learning to play instrument.
Sandeeo: - Yes, I used Guitar Pro before I started to learn and various books too, so I would say I have all the technology from which I am benefited for learning a musical instrument



Bibek: - What problem do you got when you start your band?
Sandeep: - Time, practice room, and of course proper gadgets and instruments…Which create too much problem to make band stable and many good band even deform just because they are not able to manage all that things..



Bibek: - Normally in people thinks unsuccessful person and drugs addict join metal and rock. How you feel when you know about this sort of people thinking?
Sandeep: - I don't smoke nor I take drugs and that means I am not a Musician...
And there are many metal bands and musicians who don't even drink too... So people should not think that sort of thinks and also unsuccessful people joining metal rock show I don’t even have degree and even a job but what am I... I work, I have my degree and also I a musician. So all that is just wrong thinking of people…


Bibek: - How you fell when people notice you and have some talk with you as X-Mantra’s guitarist?
Sandeep: - I feel good, of course... It is my proud that people know Sandeep Tuladhar as a Metal band musician not a Grand Bank worker… haha



Bibek: - Have you ever played outside of Nepal?
Sandeep: - Yes, we have many tours outside Nepal and also outside of valley.. But mostly our tour were in India



Bibek: - It is said that X mantra is the first metal band from Nepal. Is that is true?
Sandeep:- I too think so cause It became nearly 10 years when we started playing..

Bibek:- which was you first album?
Sandeep:- Crying For Peace is our first one..


 



Bibek: - Did you played as underground musician for some time or you started as a mainstream?
Sandeep: - Yes, 6 years back I had underground band named Silenthilln and last year I did my solo project with them as well for my instrumental album…Every musician start their carrier as a underground until and unless they started to grow same thing is with me too…



Bibek: - Thanks for your time bro now tell what you want to say to your fans and all the viewers?
Sandeep: - Do support Nepali musical bands; our Nepali music industry will rise, when we have good support from our listeners and fans...
And don't listen to judge, listen to enjoy...
that's it
Thanks bro.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment